Oh what a year it has been! Full of highs and lows, this year has been a year unlike any other. While I’m still reflecting on all of the lesson held within 2020, I do know it was a year of learning and shifting how and what I consume. So, while my reflections will come later, I did want to share some of the best of 2020.
Top 10 Books of 2020
This year, I started running again. It’s arguable whether it was to manage stress or avoid it altogether. Either way, I started listening to audiobooks when I run, so as you may imagine I covered a lot of ground – figuratively and literally. Here are just a few of the books I read this year and recommend.
- Small Giants by Bo Burlingham
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- I’m Still Here by Austin Channing
- The Ride of a Lifetime by Robert Iger
- The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas
- Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- Shrill by Lindy West
- The Infinite Game by Simon Sinek
- The Book of Longing by Sue Monk Kidd
Top 5 Books-to-read in 2021
And, I’m already looking forward to a few new books, either recently released or coming soon, including the first book from my dear friend and coach Natalie.
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama
- Greenlights by Mathew McConaughey
- How I Built This by Guy Raz
- Concrete Rose by Angie Thomas
- Let her Out by Natalie Siston
Top 5 Television Moments of 2020
I don’t watch a lot of television, but that doesn’t mean I missed all of the great moments on television this year. Below are a few that resonated with me. They didn’t make the list, but for fun, we’ve been watching The Office and The Good Place and working our way through the Marvel movies. And, I might be willing to admit to binge-watching Emily in Paris. Here are a few of the my most memorable moments.
- The debut of Hamilton
- The must-watch documentary The Social Dilemma
- Becoming (politics aside, Michelle Obama is a gift)
- Vice President-elect Kamala Harris’s acceptance speech
- Game 1: Tampa Bay Lightning versus Columbus Blue Jackets (although the CBJ lost, the game ended after 5 OTs and was the fourth longest NHL game ever played).
Top 5 Podcasts of 2020
- Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard
- No Stupid Questions
- Unlocking Us with Brene Brown
- Code Switch
- Work Life with Adam Grant
Top 5 Most Read Alignd on Purpose Blog Posts
- Culture Building During a Pandemic
- Cultivating Purpose During the Pandemic
- Moving from Why to How
- Getting Aligned on Purpose
- Best Laid Plans
I would love to know what you’re reading or watching and some of your favorite podcasts. Drop them in the comments below!